Director of Digital Content
Traditional Arts in Upstate New York (TAUNY) is a non-profit organization that researches, documents, and presents the diverse cultures, skills, and crafts of everyday life in New York State’s North Country. In addition to operating a multi-purpose gallery in a historic building in downtown Canton, NY, TAUNY provides programs and services in the 14-county region including the Adirondacks, the Tug Hill Plateau, the Champlain Valley, the 1000 Islands and the St. Lawrence River Valley. Established in 1986, TAUNY has received state and national recognition for its work. TAUNY provides a positive, collegial work environment. TAUNY is an equal opportunity employer.
TAUNY is seeking an individual to fill a full-time position developing content for and managing the organization’s digital platforms. The successful candidate will be part of a team at TAUNY that works collaboratively to meet objectives of the organization as spelled out in its strategic plan. Starting salary for the position is $37,500.
Responsibilities of this position include:
• Preparing content for and posting daily in TAUNY’s social media platforms. This includes documenting TAUNY exhibits and programs.
• Creating and distributing TAUNY’s digital newsletter (2 issues/month)
• Managing TAUNY’s website.
• Producing short videos periodically to present different aspects of traditional culture in the North Country.
• Managing technology for virtual events (1 per month on average).
• Periodically producing materials for TAUNY’s online shop.
Building and maintaining communications with TAUNY’s media network.
Necessary qualifications include:
• Enthusiasm for TAUNY’s mission.
• An ability to travel around the North Country and work weekends and evenings, as needed.
• Adaptability when circumstances require changing plans.
• Ability to work in varied communications platforms.
• Ability to establish and meet weekly deadlines.
• Strong writing skills.
• Basic photography skills.
• Experience in video recording and editing.
• Willingness to work with a team, periodically assisting with tasks outside the job description.
• A degree in folk studies or related field.
• Experience with WordPress and website development.
Please email a letter of interest and resume to TAUNY Executive Director, Jill Breit, email@example.com. Applications will be accepted until the position is filled.
Note: All images, text and other material found in this website © 2021 TAUNY. All rights reserved.