One-Year Director of Communications
Traditional Arts in Upstate New York (TAUNY) is a non-profit organization that researches, documents, and presents public programs about the folk culture and living traditions of New York State’s North Country. In addition to operating a multi-purpose gallery in a historic building in downtown Canton, NY, TAUNY provides programs and services in the 14-county region including the Adirondacks, the Tug Hill Plateau, the Champlain Valley, the 1000 Islands and the St. Lawrence River Valley. Established in 1986, TAUNY has received state and national recognition for its work. TAUNY provides a positive, collegial work environment. TAUNY is an equal opportunity employer.
TAUNY is seeking an individual to fill a one-year, full-time position leading the organization’s marketing and communications program. There is potential for the position to become permanent at the end of the one year.
Responsibilities of this position include:
- Develop and execute a marketing and communications plan for the organization, which includes management of the organization’s annual marketing budget.
- Establish and maintain working relationships with media and community partners to promote TAUNY activities.
- Promote TAUNY’s work through traditional (press releases, promotional signs, ads, etc.) and new media (social media and digital content), posting daily on Facebook, Instagram, and other platforms.
- Manage TAUNY’s website, including writing web content.
- Produce or oversee production of marketing materials, such as event promotions, emails, brochures, and direct mail campaigns, as well as materials for programs and TAUNY’s retail shop.
Necessary qualifications include:
- Enthusiasm for TAUNY’s mission.
- Adaptability when circumstances require changing plans.
- Ability to work in varied communications platforms.
- Ability to establish and meet weekly deadlines.
- Understanding of marketing campaigns.
- Strong persuasive writing skills.
- Excellent grammar, spelling, and punctuation skills.
- Willingness to work with a team, periodically assisting with tasks outside the job description.
- Basic photography and video filming/editing skills.
Candidate must be able to:
- Complete basic design projects using Adobe InDesign, Adobe Illustrator or similar programs.
- Create monthly newsletters using Constant Contact.
- Produce short videos using an iPad provided by the organization.
Please email a letter of interest and resume to TAUNY Executive Director, Jill Breit, firstname.lastname@example.org. Applications will be accepted until the position is filled.
Note: All images, text and other material found in this website © 2020 TAUNY. All rights reserved.