Friends! Come join us! TAUNY’s Board of Directors has recently adopted a new strategic plan for TAUNY. We are inviting YOU to help us make it happen! There are opportunities on the governing board, advisory board, and volunteer corps. The new plan emphasizes goals for greater diversity and inclusion through new program initiatives and strategies for audience development, expanded use of technology, facility improvements, and new fundraising initiatives.
We are looking to the future and we want to bring together as many voices, skills, and perspectives as we can to be sure that TAUNY continues to be relevant and effective. The TAUNY team is collegial and hard-working. We think you’ll find getting more involved a great experience! To see a summary of the new strategic plan, visit here. For more information or to discuss participating, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Summary of TAUNY Strategic Plan 2021-2024
(Adopted by TAUNY Board of Directors, May 2021)
TAUNY explores, honors, and celebrates the diverse cultures, skills, and crafts of everyday life in New York’s North Country to bring people together across our region and beyond.
[being re-written during 2021 based upon the updated strategic plan]
- Professionalism – Our work, expertise, and conduct exemplify the highest standards of our profession.
- Respect – In everything we do, we honor the needs of the individuals and communities we serve.
- Integrity – We are ethical in our work and sincere in our interactions with others.
- Excellence – We strive for excellence by being innovative in our actions and passionate about our work.
- Commitment – We are dedicated to responsibly stewarding the cultural traditions of our region.
- Inclusion – We strive to create an environment where all people feel welcomed and included regardless of race, ethnicity, sex, age, disability, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identify or expression.
- Governance – Ensure that all board functions are streamlined and efficient. Review bylaws, board recruitment efforts, and board trainings to develop meaningful and successful efforts for greater diversity, equity, and inclusion for all.
- Succession Planning – Develop current and future leadership requirements based on strategic plan goals, including diversity, equity, and inclusion efforts. Network with a variety of organizations, groups, and individuals to develop prospective candidates for key positions.
- Revenue Generation – Increase and diversity revenue sources to provide greater financial stability for the organization. In the absence of a Gift/Development Officer, the Board needs to determine how to accomplish work relating to individual giving.
- Engagement – Tell TAUNY’s story to more people and involve more people in a deeper and more interactive way, as audience, partners, funders. Create opportunities for a diversity of artisans and underrepresented talents to participate in TAUNY’s programs and practices, and to engage with each other and the public in the region and beyond.
- Operations – Ensure that all systems, policies and procedures, and practices are up to date, can take us successfully into the future, while promoting TAUNY’s commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion.
- Facilities – Preserve TAUNY’s significant capital investment and honor our responsibility to the commitment we made to maintain a key building in Canton’s historic district.
Note: All images, text and other material found in this website © 5273 TAUNY. All rights reserved.