Traditional Arts in Upstate New York (TAUNY) is a non-profit organization that researches, documents, and presents public programs about the folk culture and living traditions of New York Stateís North Country. In addition to operating a multi-function gallery in a historic building in downtown Canton, NY, TAUNY provides programs and services in the 14-county region including the Adirondacks, the Tug Hill Plateau, the Champlain Valley, the 1000 Islands and the St. Lawrence River Valley. Established in 1986, TAUNY has received state and national recognition for its work. TAUNY is an equal opportunity employer.
The Development Assistant is a part-time position charged with providing support for the organizationís development work. The Development Assistant will work under the supervision of the Executive Director.
The Development Assistant will:
- Process donations and prepare gift acknowledgement letters, receipts, and other correspondence with donors.
- Manage TAUNYís donor database (GiftWorks), continually updating and correcting database records.
- Consult with Business Manager quarterly to reconcile giving records.
- Produce and segment mailing lists and coordinate production of bulk mailings and emailings to donors.
- Assist in the planning and production of donor cultivation and fundraising events, including soliciting and coordinating event donations and volunteers, and attending and participating in such events as required.
- Produce reports from the donor database for Director of Development and Executive Director.
- Attend staff meetings.
- Ability to organize and prioritize work
- Ability to work independently with little supervision
- Close attention to detail
- Excellent interpersonal and communications skills, in writing, in person, and over the phone.
- Facility with Microsoft Office suite and database management
- Adaptability in response to team needs
- Strong focus on donor happiness and satisfaction.
Interested parties should submit a cover letter and resume to Jill Breit, Executive Director, firstname.lastname@example.org Applications will be accepted until the position is filled.
Note: All images, text and other material found in this website © 2017 TAUNY. All rights reserved.