Traditional Arts in Upstate New York (TAUNY) is seeking an outgoing, detail-oriented individual to be part of the organization’s development team. TAUNY is a non-profit organization that researches, documents, and presents public programs about the folk culture and living traditions of New York State’s North Country. TAUNY’s home and the location where most of its programming takes place is The TAUNY Center, a restored historic building on the Main St. of Canton, NY. TAUNY also offers programs and services in other locations throughout the Adirondack-North Country. The organization offers a positive work environment and opportunity to be creative. TAUNY is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
The Development Assistant is a 15-hour/week position charged with providing support for the organization’s development work. The Development Assistant will work under the supervision of the Executive Director. Work schedule is flexible most of the year.
The Development Assistant will:
- Manage TAUNY’s donor database (GiftWorks), continually updating and correcting database records.
- Process donations and prepare gift acknowledgement letters, receipts, and other correspondence with donors.
- Prepare donor reports for Executive Director and the Board of Directors.
- Consult with Business Manager quarterly to reconcile giving records.
- Produce and segment mailing lists and coordinate production of bulk mailings and emailings to donors.
- Assist in the planning and production of donor cultivation and fundraising events, including soliciting and coordinating event donations and volunteers, and attending and participating in such events as required.
- Attend staff meetings.
- Ability to organize and prioritize work
- Close attention to detail
- Excellent interpersonal and communications skills, in writing, in person, and over the phone.
- Comfort with asking for donations of money, time, and resources.
- Adaptability in response to team needs and work flow.
- Strong focus on donor service.
Interested parties should submit a cover letter and resume to Jill Breit, Executive Director, firstname.lastname@example.org Applications will be accepted until the position is filled.
Request for Proposals - TAUNY Website Redevelopment
We’re looking for website developers and designers to redevelop TAUNY’s website. View the RFP here. Proposals can be sent to email@example.com through October 31, 2019.
Note: All images, text and other material found in this website © 2019 TAUNY. All rights reserved.